22 Mar 2019
It’s now easier to manage your tax and super through your MyGov account.
From mid-March 2019, you’ll be able to:
- See the amounts your employer contributes to your super
- Search for lost super and consolidate multiple accounts
- View your remaining bring forward contributions cap balance.
You’ll also be able to apply for the First Home Super Saver Scheme (FHSS), if eligible, and request access to some of your super early (in limited circumstances) through your myGov account.
However, there will be some exceptions to the information made available to you:
- Self-Managed Super Funds don’t provide their super information as regularly as APRA funds (large funds like UniSuper), so contributions won’t be as up-to-date
- Defined benefit funds and some public sector superannuation schemes aren’t included
- Personal and non-employer contributions won’t be shown.
Knowing how much super you have and when contributions are made by your employer can be helpful in managing your financial situation.
To use this service you must have your myGov account linked to ATO online services.
For more information on this update you can visit the ATO.