Review and update your drawdown
You can choose which investment options your Flexi Pension payments and withdrawals come out of.
Log in to your account to check and update your drawdown method.
You should review and consider whether to switch your investments before setting or changing your drawdown method.
There are 3 options:
- Your choice (Choose your order)
- Default order
If your account is invested in more than one investment option and you don’t choose a drawdown method, the default drawdown order applies.
You nominate the order of investment options which pension payments and lump-sum withdrawals are drawn from.
- Your payment is drawn from your first nominated investment option until the balance in this option runs out. Payments are then drawn from your next nominated investment option until that runs out, and so on.
- If the balance in a nominated option is lower than the payment amount, part of the payment will come out of that investment option and the rest from the next nominated investment option.
- Once all your nominated investment options have been exhausted, the default order applies.
Your choice example
Ari nominates the following investment option order for their monthly pension payments:
- High Growth.
Ari's payment will be drawn from Cash until the balance in this option runs out. Payments will then be drawn from Conservative, until the balance reduces to zero, and so on.
Your pension payments and withdrawals are drawn from your account in proportion to the balances held in each investment option at the time of payment.
Pro-rata exampleMicah chooses the ‘Pro-rata’ drawdown method. At the time of their fortnightly pension payment, 60% of Michah's balance is invested in the Cash option and 40% in Conservative Balanced. As a result, 60% of Micah's payment comes out of the Cash option and 40% from Conservative Balanced.
Your pension payments and withdrawals are drawn from your investment options in the default order.
- Your payment is drawn from the highest investment option you have in the default order until the balance in this option runs out. Payments are then drawn from the next highest until that runs out, and so on.
- If the balance in an option is lower than your payment amount, part of the payment will come out of that investment option and the rest from the next highest in the default order.
See the default order
- Australian Bond
- Conservative Balanced
- Diversified Credit Income
- Sustainable Balanced
- High Growth
- Sustainable High Growth
- Listed Property
- Australian Shares
- International Shares
- Global Environmental Opportunities
- Australian Equity Income
- Global Companies in Asia