2021 Annual Members' Meeting
In what was, without question, one of the toughest years experienced by the higher education sector, it was important for us to connect and share information to make you feel confident about your retirement savings and your fund.
In February, we livestreamed our inaugural Annual Members’ Meeting for the 2019-20 financial year. It gave members the opportunity to hear from our leadership team and ask questions.
Approximately 970 members logged on and were welcomed by our Chief Customer Officer, Lee Scales and an emotive Welcome to Country was delivered by our Indigenous consultant, John Briggs.
An update on the fund’s performance, strategic priorities and our future view was delivered by the Chair, Ian Martin and our Chief Executive Officer, Kevin O’Sullivan, with an investment update by our Chief Investment Officer, John Pearce.
These key updates included:
- Our performance in quartile 1, relative to other super funds, was in the top 25% of all funds
- The strong financial position of our Defined Benefit Division
- Our fees – we have some of the lowest fees of super funds across the country, with the potential to reduce them even further
- Our sustainable investment options and our proactive involvement with ESG issues
- Two key legislative changes that could have huge impacts - Choice of Fund and Your Superannuation follows you (stapling) (not yet law).
- Our strong and consistent member satisfaction survey results
- The continued growth of Personal Accounts – our super product that allows your family members to join the UniSuper family
- An increase in our support to employers and members through educational tools and digitised processes.
We value the opportunity to provide you with greater insight into the work that goes on at UniSuper. As a member, you can take comfort from knowing that we're always promoting your best interests – it's at the core of everything with do.
If you'd like to view the meeting or find out more, the minutes and recording will be available soon.
Invite your family over to UniSuper and help put them on a path to a secure future with a Personal Account. Joining is as easy as firing up the barbecue!
Give them access to the same features you receive, including strong investment performance*, some of the lowest fees in the industry, and the security of a multi-award-winning fund.